Saturday, August 25, 2007

Join the club!



I've just come back from Singapore and I have to say that I was amazed at how popular scrapbooking has become there. The scrapbooking stores are buzzing with activity, classes are fully booked, and what struck me in particular was that the clientele ranged from teenagers to older age groups, men and women, locals and foreigners alike!
I still remember when scrapbooking was unheard of in Singapore, as recently as 4-5 years ago. What a difference today!
Right now, scrapbooking is still relatively new to Malaysians, but I strongly believe that it will take this country by storm too, as it has in Singapore. Scrapbooking really is something EVERYONE can enjoy, and the potential for the scrapbooking community to grow is HUGE.
I count myself very lucky to be able to participate in helping this growth, and it is fantastic to be able to meet like-minded people...who enjoy creating, and sharing their ideas with each other...who constantly remind me that creating is supposed to be fun, not yet another task to be ticked off on my 'to do' list...who challenge me to try new ideas and techniques.
If you're reading this, you probably already are a scrapbooker, but if you're not, why not give it a go? Scrapbooking really isn't some elite members only club, ANYONE can do it, even if you think you haven't got a single creative bone in your body. Who knows, you might surprise yourself and find that you got bitten by the scrapbooking bug...I know I did!

2 comments:

Wati Basri said...

great start on your blog....will dftly drop by here often!! will link u!

cheers! wati ~ sg

Krista Goon said...

Hi Esther
I think I will try it out soon. Jo's doing it with her 2 sons - creating beauty for their new home. I think I should get my feet wet too.