Friday, October 31, 2008

Lady of Leisure

I used to work 10 hour days, sometimes longer, with a couple of 24 hour shifts thrown in for good measure. 
I've since swapped that for 24 hour days, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I wear many hats, running the gamut from chauffeur to cook to teacher to babysitter, all under the guise of 'Mum'.
So it's a source of great amusement when people assume that I'm a lady of leisure, now that I no longer have a 'proper' job. 
One of the things I ended up doing recently was help paint the backdrop for a concert
 at school. This was a photo a friend, and fellow 'lady of leisure', snapped one day :



So...proof at last that being a stay-at-home mum isn't all lunches and beauty salons...it's more doing whatever it takes for your kids, even if it means painting one handed and looking a total mess!














1 comment:

Allen HP Tan said...

HAHAHA! Wat a classic pic!