Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Card Organiser/Planner




I like to make cards with the scraps left over from a scrapbook project, but I hadn't found a way to organise them...they just ended up in a folder. Until now, that is.
I dug out a 'Lunch Pail' Album from Basic Grey which I've had for ages, but hadn't found the perfect use for yet, and set to work.
I covered the tabbed index cards with paper scraps, and labeled them by occasions. This means that I can now pull out a card appropriate for any occasion without having to rummage through the entire pile!
I also created mini month planners, one for each month, and filled the dates with important events to remember, like birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc. I can now refer to the relevant planner at the beginning of each month and make sure I don't forget anyone's birthday!
I then covered the tin with pretty patterned paper and ribbon, and made a label with Ki's Alphabet Soup ( I just love the alphabet soup, the colours are really yummy!)
The girls love it too, and it's easy for them to fill in their friends' birthdays into the planners, and they can dig into the tin for cards or tags when the need arises.

1 comment:

Wati Basri said...

sounds like a great idea! will have to 'scraplift' this idea :)