Sunday, September 23, 2007

Surprise!


We had a surprise birthday party for Emily on Saturday. I had invited 8 of her friends, and they were fantastic at keeping the secret...Emily didn't have a clue at all. I didn't even tell Sarah ( I think she was a little miffed that I didn't trust her to keep the secret).
That evening, the girls met me at the restaurant, and we waited for Emily and Sarah to arrive. Emily's face was priceless when she walked in the door and was greeted by a huge shout of "SURPRISE!". It was great, and to top it off, we went to Haagen-Daz for ice-cream and cake after.
To help her remember this special day ( and also cos I'm all out of ideas for a gift), I had all her friends write a little note to Emily, and I took loads of pics of her and her friends, and I'm putting them all together into a tiny 4"x4" album for her...B'Day Book, I'm calling it. Naturally, as an avid scrapbooker, I keep giving everyone 'scrappy' types of presents, my children included! They have long given up hope that they'll be getting a playstation, but it doesn't stop them from putting it on their wish list every year...

No comments: