Monday, October 1, 2007

Scrappers Block

I have had a pretty good week as far as creativity was concerned. I had completed my daughter's mini album, made 3 layouts, and even got started on a couple of ideas I had for classes...and then it hit me...a mental block, and I came to an absolute standstill!
I sifted through what seemed like my entire collection of papers, photos and embellishments, but just couldn't come up with anything close to resembling a half decent start for a layout.
Block...barrier...halt...stop...obstacle...all words which described what I felt very aptly.
After a frustrating couple of hours, I left everything as it was on my desk and went to bed (no pic to show you the state of my desk...way too embarassing).
The next morning, to my disappointment, little fairies (or was it elves) hadn't cleaned up the mess, nor did a layout magically appear out of the chaos. Still bereft of ideas, I decided to just put everything away.
I spent the rest of the day doing other things...playing with the kids, working on my painting, making props with the girls for their upcoming concert 'Scheherazade'...and last night when I finally sat down to look at my photos again, the glimmerings of an idea begn to emerge.
Lesson for me...walk away and stretch my creative muscles with something completely different.
How do you cope when you get a creative block???

1 comment:

Naddy said...

hello... just blog hopping...

nad-n-frenz-scrapbook.blogspot.com